Saturday, November 8, 2008

Bob Lazar's Secret Michigan Lair

A reader of this blog, Roy Watson, just happened to pass through Laingsburg, Michigan last month and checked out Bob Lazar's new lair (for his one-man company United Nuclear). It's a storefront in the tiny town's main street. We wonder how much foot traffic he gets from farmers passing by. Here is our informant's report....
I live in Burlington, VT but have had a business trip to Lansing, MI scheduled for a while. I had spent 15 months in Lansing on an extended business trip a couple of years ago. When I saw your post about Bob Lazar moving United Nuclear to Laingsburg, Michigan, I recognized that town as being just a few miles from Lansing. So I started watching the progress of the move on the United Nuclear website. Luckily they just completed the move before I arrived in Lansing.


So, this afternoon I drove up to Laingsburg with my wife with the hopes of meeting Bob. Alas, they were locked up and no one was to be seen. Though I could see bench lighting on at a work table in the back. so he may have been there but was working on secret government research and could not answer the door without violating numerous MAJ security protocols. Or he could have been in the bar down the street … or on the toilet. Above is a fresh photo (2:30 pm, Friday, 10/31/08) of United Nuclear's retail space. It's actually much more than I expected.


Once again I found myself wondering how someone decides to move his "facilities" from the Sandia Mountains outside Albuquerque to Laingsburg, Michigan. Then, exactly 6.9 highway miles from United Nuclear's front door, I found the answer. At first, looking at the smallish diameter, I thought this was on of Bob's famous "sport models". Further examination revealed it was the much rarer "Cub Cadet" model.
Mystery solved!


I have been fascinated with Bob Lazar ever since I first heard him verbalize his story in the 1980's. Like you, I am drawn to his skill in telling an otherwise "out of this world" tale in a way that captivates people. He weaves in just the right amount of ignorance of details, modesty and reluctant participation to make it all seem so real and believable. I find myself oddly attracted to his personality and his story, though I really don't believe in it, at least most of it. I was very disappointed I didn't get to meet him.

7 comments:

  1. I bet it just transports the excess grass length into an alternate dimension via wormholes. The Mulch Dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if it's to late to leave a comment for this blog,but I just heard about lazar moving to Michigan and came across this page while trying figure out what town he moved to(Because I live in Michigan), and laingsburg is only like 10 mins from where I live...I'm gonna have to check this place out, and see if I can't meet Mr.Lazar myself, what a small world,lol..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just heard him on Coast with Noory..remarkably believable....more than ever......but his 'storefront' is a huge disappointment....it smells of something other than he spouts

    ReplyDelete
  4. So does he live in Michigan, or does he just have his place here? I too, would like to meet him. I own a small Chevy engine building shop in metro area of Detroit. He and I would have much in common.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bob Lazar is the "real deal".
    He had more to lose than gain
    By trying to enlighten a world
    Filled wuth skeptics

    ReplyDelete
  6. Total believability of Mr. Lazar. Another clash between the government, capitalism, and consumerism exposed. Just like h2o being used for propulsion.....but that wouldn't make anyone any capital such as fossil fuels do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I lived in East Lansing I drove to Laingsburg and I remember seeing the saucer...I had no idea it was related to him, ha! What a small world. Up in TC now but wish him well and hope he's able to maintain a normal life despite being in the public eye.

    ReplyDelete